RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The lessor delivers the vehicle to the lessee in perfect operating conditions, with all the necessary documents, tyres, tools and accessories. The lessee undertakes to conserve it and drive the vehicle according to traffic regulations.
2. TERM AND RETURNING THE VEHICLE
The term of the contract shall be as agreed and stipulated. Nevertheless, if the lessee wishes to extend the term of the contract, they must notify the lessor before it expires and also receive prior authorisation from the lessor depending on vehicle availability. The lessee shall return the rented vehicle, together with all its documents, tyres, tools and accessories, on the date and to the place indicated. Noncompliance with this clause will empower the lessor to legally demand the return of the vehicle.
3. VEHICLE USE
The vehicle may only be driven by the lessor and persons authorised in the contract, with a maximum of two additional drivers. However, people aged between 21 and 25 may rent the vehicle if they take out extra coverage for first-party damage, and provided they have had their driving licence for at least 2 years.
- No modifications may be made to the structure of the rented vehicle; specifically, no roof rack, luggage and/or goods may be attached to the roof.
- The vehicle may not be used to push or tow another vehicle or trailer.
- The vehicle may not be used at sporting events or training sessions of any kind, or car material, accessory or product resistance tests.
- The vehicle and any of its elements or tools may not be transferred, sold, sublet, mortgaged or pledged.
- The vehicle must not be used under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The vehicle may not be driven outside Spanish mainland territory.
- The milometer may not be manipulated or unsealed and the lessee must notify any damage thereto. Mileage is measured using the milometer or using road maps should this break.
- The lessee must stop and immobilise the vehicle if they detect any fault or if a warning light indicates any malfunction; they must immediately contact the lessor or its roadside assistance company.
- The rented vehicle may not be used to transport passengers or goods for commercial or industrial purposes if this is not its purpose.
- Commercial vehicles may not be used to transport goods classified as special according to current transport laws.
4. PAYMENTS BY THE LESSEE
The lessee undertakes to pay the lessor the amount agreed as the total rental price. This price shall include the amounts established for the time and mileage, if appropriate, fuel contracted or not, spare parts, insurance and applicable taxes. Applying the initially agreed rate is subject to returning the vehicle to the agreed location. The lessee undertakes to pay the lessor for any damage caused to the vehicle and costs associated with using the wrong type of fuel. The lessee must replace any element of the vehicle that is damaged or lost for reasons attributable to them. The lessee must provide the deposit required to cover any possible liabilities, and in general must pay any amounts incurred by the lessor arising directly from the use of the vehicle by the lessee and that are legally attributable to them. The expenses incurred by the lessor for claiming any of the above payments from the lessee must be paid according to the provisions of Spanish law. The lessor reserves the right to cancel delivery of the vehicle should it have reasoned doubts about the financial capacity of the customer or due to a history of non-payment or serious incidents with Lara Cars.
5. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS
The lessor assumes the normal mechanical wear and tear of the vehicle. Any repairs carried out by the lessee must have prior authorization from the lessor, and the relevant invoice addressed to the lessor must be submitted for reimbursement.
6. INSURANCE, ACCIDENTS AND THEFT
The lessee and authorised drivers are included in the unlimited civil liability insurance policy taken out by the lessor. In case of accident, the lessee must immediately inform the lessor of any incidents and complete an accident report with the full details of the other party and any witnesses. This must be sent to the lessor. The relevant authorities must be notified if any party is injured. In case of accident, and provided it is possible, the lessee will not leave the rented vehicle without taking the necessary precautions to protect it. In case of theft, the lessee must file a police report and send copy to the lessor. The lessee may contact the lessor by telephone, fax, e-mail or at the postal address of the lessor.
In the event of any dispute that may arise between the parties, they hereby agree to submit to the legally competent Courts.
8. DATA PROTECTION
Pursuant to current personal data protection regulations, the lessee is hereby informed and aware that their personal data will be included in the data files held by the lessor. The lessor guarantees that all personal data contained in this contract shall be used pursuant to the provisions of the Spanish Organic Law 15/1999, on Personal Data Protection. To exercise their rights to access, rectification, cancellation or objection to the processing of their data, the lessee must send written notification to the address of the lessor.