Alacant is a province of great tourist interest. In addition to the capital, its coastal towns are well known for the quality of their beaches and for the relaxing activities they offer. It is the perfect location to enjoy the Mediterranean climate at any time of the year and offers great possibilities to plan a perfect holiday.
Do you know the Alacant area? It may be one of the least well known but it has very interesting destinations that can be great options for rural tourism nevertheless. very interesting destinations that can be great options for rural tourism nevertheless. A great option is to use a rental car to enjoy the villages within the province with total freedom and flexibility. Below, we give 6 very attractive options to do with your rental car..
1. Polop de la Marina. Although its name can make you think therwise, it is located inside the province, situated half an hour from Benidorm or 40 minutes from Calpe. This municipality can be a perfect getaway for rural tourism with your rental car. You can visit its medieval wall, its Muslim fortress and its famous fountain with 221 pipes. A charming town to spend a sensational day.
2. Sax. It is the ideal option for rural tourism, as it is a destination with great cultural wealth. Near the Natural Site of the Serra del Maigmó, you can find this town that contains great architectural gems that help us appreciate the history of the region with ease. Sax Castle is one of the region’s three great fortresses. In La Torre you can see Roman and Arab remains, next to a hermitage. These are just some examples of the essential things you cannot miss if you visit this town with your rental car.
3. Biar. Near Sax you can find this beautiful town where you can continue your rural tourism route through Alacant with our rental car. You will be able to appreciate another of the three great fortresses of the region. Its castle is a very impressive military building. You can also find other religious and civil historic architectural jewels.
4. Villena. This is where you can find the third great fortress of the Alto Vinalopó region. With this visit you can complete an incredible tour of the region with your rental car. You can stroll through this beautiful municipality that is very close to the Sierra de Salina as well as having a historical interest in its architecture.
Essential destinations within Alacant.
5. Alcoy. This is one of the most important towns in Alacant. There are many places of interest that you can visit easily with your rental car. It is a destination that has a lot to offer and that cannot be missed to have a fanstastic tourism experience.
You can go to the place known as The City Of Bridges, from archaeological sites such as La Serreta or El Puig, medieval military buildings such as Castell de Barxel, passing through very interesting examples of modernist architecture.
6. Castell de Guadalest. Located in the valley with the same name, this municipality has a very special location. . It was declared a Historic – Artistic Site in 1974 and is part of the association of the most beautiful villages in Spain. It has a great variety of museums and a large number of places to visit such as La Casa Orduña, the Castle of Alcozaiba, the Castillo de San José and an incredible 12th century prison.
Discover the treasures of Alacant with your rental car. At Lara Cars you can find many models to choose from according to your tastes or needs. Do not miss this route for the best destinations in the region due to a lack of vehicle!